Thursday 18 December 2014

Workin' for the weekend


**Author’s Note** Hi Guys!! I’m going to do a bonus post either BY the weekend or ON the weekend so stay tuned! I am trying to catch up to real time so I apologize if I jump a week or two ahead like in this post but I’ve had some requests to get up to real time so it is kind of necessary. Thank you all for reading and supporting the blog! If there’s anything you want to see more/less of, feel free to comment and let me know your opinions I understand this post may not be as exciting but, our lives can’t be full of drama all the time ;) Xoxo

After spending the day with Matt, I knew I needed to get back home to get some stuff done for school and study for midterms. He dropped me off after we had breakfast and I got to work right away.

I was pretty impressed with how much I was able to get done when I put my mind to it and didn’t allow myself to get distracted by the usual suspects (I.e Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest…)

My whole week basically went by like that, with me cocooning myself in either my room or in the library if any of my roomies were home. It wasn’t that I wanted to be anti-social or anything but I always had a hard time concentrating and getting things done when there were people around.

Brian had called me to ask if he would be able to switch weekends and have me take Bella November 14-16 since the place he was taking Catherine was full the first weekend he tried. I happily obliged since I knew I wasn’t going to be going anywhere until Thanksgiving.

My weekend and even the following week just flew by and I basically alternated between studying, going to class, and trying to see Matt and my friends. The week after Halloween we only hung out once, between both of our schedules it was so hectic. The weekend wasn’t much better and I was really starting to feel myself wear thin.

Before I knew it, it was Wednesday of the week I was taking Bella from Brian and I felt like I could sleep for a week.

I was just walking into the apartment when my phone buzzed with a text. It was Katelyn asking me to call her when I had a chance. The minute I read it I pulled up her contact and hit the dial button. After everything that happened with her, I treated every text and call as an emergency. I knew I was being paranoid but I couldn’t shake the memory of seeing her in the hospital.

“Hey!” She answered cheerfully when she picked up.

I internally sighed with relief hearing her sound so good. “Hey yourself! How’s it going? I tried Face timing you the other night but it wouldn’t go through” I said as I started putting my things down in my room and collapsing on the bed.

“Yeah, sorry about that, the Wi-Fi can be really sporadic here, I think everyone tends to use it at night so it doesn’t work as well with so many people on the network apparently.” She explained.

“Gotcha, no worries. So how is everything going up there?” I asked.

“Good, good. I feel a lot better already. My parents have been by a lot and have been really supportive. Same with Josh. I can’t believe how good he’s being to me after the way I treated him.” Her voice cracked at the end of her sentence and I knew it was a soft spot for her.

“I’m glad to hear! Of course Josh will be supportive; he only wants the best for you. He’s a smart guy, he knows that you weren’t yourself when you did those things.” I said in a motherly tone, trying to comfort her.

“I know it’s just I still feel so guilty about what I put all you guys through,” I could hear her take a big breath, “But, that’s why I’m here right? They actually say that it’s really common for people to have a hard time getting over the guilt they feel for the way they treated their families while under the influence” She explained.

“That makes sense, recovery doesn’t happen overnight.”

“Yah, exactly. I didn’t think this would be such a big part of it, you know? Making amends, forgiveness. I have it pretty good compared to some of the women here. A lady whose been here about a month and a half told me that her family refuses to come and see her or take her calls…”

“Wow, that’s pretty rough, you would think people would be a bit more forgiving at least she’s doing the right thing and going to treatment but I guess everyone has a different back story right?” I said.

“Mhmm, when she told me that I suddenly realized just how lucky I am to have my family and friends in my life. You guys have been so supportive and forgiving, I just wish I could make it up to everyone.”

“Hey, you’re getting help and back to your old self, that is making it up! Trust me Kate, don’t worry about us, right now you just need to focus on you, and getting better. We are all here and love you” I said, now feeling myself start to well up.

She sniffled. “Thanks Sar-Bear. Oh god, listen to us - so sappy! This was meant to be a happy phone call, I have good news!”

I was intrigued, “Oh yeah?

“Okay, I know it’s like 2 weeks away but my therapist is really happy with me and said I’m making great progress. He said that he thinks it will be good for me to come home for Thanksgiving weekend to spend some time with my family! Of course, I won’t be going to any party’s or anything, and my parents will be watching me like a hawk but if you’re home too we can definitely hang out. I think your like my only friend who they would actually be comfortable enough with me seeing right now.” She said excitedly.

“That’s great news!! I’m coming home for Thanksgiving so that will be perfect. And I am totally okay with sitting out on any parties or get togethers with the high school friends. I just want to lay low and have a relaxing time” I said, suddenly way more excited for Thanksgiving.

We chatted some more before saying goodbye. I was so happy to hear from Kate and she sounded really good. I must have fallen asleep on my bed after talking on the phone because I woke up to a dark room.

I looked at my phone and saw it was almost 8.

Holy crap a 3 hour nap? I thought., That should make it nearly impossible to fall asleep tonight.

Matt had sent me 2 texts while I was napping. I opened up our chat and immediately smiled at what he sent me.

It was a picture of the corner of his bedroom – he had put together a big dog bed made with 2 King sized comforters and bought some dog toys.

Below the picture he had written, Can’t wait till the weekend! Me you and Bella are gunna have a blast ;)

I beamed just thinking of our weekend together and how he seemed just as excited.

I replied, I can’t wait too! I’ve barely seen you the last 2 weeks, it’ll be nice spending some time just the two of us. Well the two of us and a four legged weekend visitor :)

Shortly after, I heard the door open and walked into the hallway to see who it was.

“Hey girlllll!” Maddie said as she came in and set her purse down.

“Hey!” I said trying to match her enthusiasm, but letting a yawn escape.

She looked at me and giggled, “Easy there grandma it’s like 8 o’clock, where you sleeping?” She asked.

I narrowed my eyes at her jokingly, “I may or may not have dozed off for a few hours” I replied, while walking into the kitchen.

I had forgotten all about dinner but my stomach was angrily reminding me that I needed food. I couldn’t be bothered to make anything real so I grabbed a Mr. Noodles out of the cupboard and turned the kettle on.

Maddi just laughed at my response and said, “Seriously Sar, you gotta take it easy. I know it’s midterm time and everything but it’s not going to help if you are draining yourself day in and day out.”

I nodded as I yawned again, I knew she was right. “Yeah I know, just 2 more days then the weekend. It’ll be relaxing to stay at Matt’s place all weekend with Bella.”

She squealed, “Oh ya! That’s right, you’re watching that guy’s dog. You have to bring her over at some point over the weekend. I’ll make sure Gavin isn’t with me he’s allergic” She said.

I laughed, “Okay I will try and get her over here at some point. Or you can always come and see her I don’t think we have too much planned.”

“Deal!” She said with a big smile on her face.

Maddie sat and watched TV with me while I ate quickly and then took off to her room for the night.

Once I was finished and had found myself feeling like I was going to fall asleep again, I dragged myself off the couch and into the shower.

I let the hot water pour over me for a good 20 minutes and then got dressed for bed.

I always found that a long hot shower or bath and pajamas was one of the best ways to unwind. I could literally feel my muscles loosen and my mind relax a little bit. I didn't have anything in particular to be stressed or worked up about but with school being so busy right now, I was always worried that I was forgetting something.

Once in bed, I quickly sent Matt a goodnight text letting him know I was going to sleep and would talk to him in the morning.

I plugged my charger into my phone and lay my head back, allowing my heavy eyes to close. I knew I needed a long sleep, and despite my long nap, I was able to nod off in a matter of minutes.  

7 comments:

  1. Not boring at all! I'm excited to hear about Matt and Sarah's weekend with Bella, I'm a total dog lover too :)
    I love this blog so much, I don't know if you've ever thought about it but I read some other ones that sometimes do the blog from a different characters perspective - I think seeing Kateyln's perspective would be awesome, or Kim! I would love to know what's going on in her psycho mind lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked this post :)
    I think Kim's perspective would be cool too, other than that nothing to suggest lol, just more posts! :D

    - Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for the bonus post, I love Matt and Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing Santa didn't bring you the toy you wanted! Calm down. It's just a blog.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  5. Are you not writing anymore??

    ReplyDelete