Friday 9 January 2015

Start of a great weekend



 
*Author’s Note: Thank you all for your patience, if you didn’t see, please read my last author’s note. Also, I really appreciate your feedback and thoughts on the timing. I am going to continue on and slowly catch up as that’s what most people suggested. This also works well because Life by Aleah is planning on being up to real time by the end of the month, so it’s best if we are both on the same timeline. In order to catch up I will be adding in some bonus posts! Next post will be up by Sunday night! Have a fabulous weekend readers!!! – S xo*
By the time Friday rolled around, I was feeling way more myself, and I was also really excited that it was the weekend. I had deliberately left my laptop at my apartment before leaving for Matt’s so I could totally unplug and just relax without stressing about school work.
I had offered to pick up Bella on my way over to Matt’s but Brian insisted that he drop her off since we were already watching her for him. I had given him Matt’s address and his cell phone just in case he beat me there or got lost.
I knocked on the door when I got there and Matt answered the door right away with a big smile on his face. I mirrored his smile as he pulled me by the waist and kissed me deeply on the lips.

“Hello my beautiful girlfriend who’s been a stranger these last few weeks.” Matt said teasingly as he pulled away with a soft smile.

“I know, I’m so sorry it’s been so hectic lately, but I’ve been looking forward to this weekend! No school work, no stress, just us!” I smiled back and pecked him on the lips.

“I’m just buggin ya I know how it goes with school, I’m just happy you’re here now.” He said and started kissing me again, pushing my back against the door as it closed.

I started slipping off my clogs as Matt slid his hand up my jacket and under my sweater.

We were just getting into it when I was startled at a knock on the other side of the door (and at the same time relieved that it was a solid door and not one with a window).

“That must be Brian!” I said as I stood back so Matt could open the door.
He introduced himself to Brian right away and shook his hand. I was already kneeling on the floor petting Bella.

“Are you excited for your weekend?” I asked brightly to Brian.

“Oh yes, it will be nice to get out of town, do something different you know?” He chuckled, “I’m kinda nervous though, it’s like dating all over again, I don’t know how you kids do it.”

Matt put his arm around my shoulders, “Yeah, it’s a tough game out there. I’m glad I caught me a good one.” He said teasingly as he nudged me.
I rolled my eyes and laughed.
“Well as much as I’d love to stay and chat I’ve got a long drive ahead of me. Here is the phone number of the place we are staying at if you need to call.” He said, handing me a large yellow sticky note with the information on it. He also handed me a bag with Bella’s food, dish, and one of her favourite toys. I told Brian we had everything else covered and we already went over her eating schedule.
“Thanks! Everything will be great, we’re so excited to have Bella! I hope you and Catherine have a great time!” I said.
“Thank you. And thank you again so much for taking Bell, it would kill me putting her in a kennel and she loves you. I’ll see you Sunday evening to pick her up.” He said as he stepped out the front door.
"Sounds good, see ya!” I said.
“Bye! It was nice meeting you!” Matt said as he shook Brian’s hand again.
“You too, really good to meet you. See you guys Sunday!” He said, walking down the steps to his truck.
Matt shut the door and I was already showing Bella her little set up that Matt put together so she knew where the water was and her bed for the weekend. She didn’t seem out of sorts at all and was already curiously nosing through the toys Matt had put with her bed.
“She’s a beautiful dog” He said, as we both stood back and let her sniff around the house.
“Yeah, she really is. And such a kind heart, I seriously love this dog.” I said back.
Matt laughed, “Are we gunna have a problem when it’s time to give her back?”
I half-pouted, half-laughed, “Maybe.”
We decided we would take Bella to an off leash dog park about 15 minutes away and then decide what we were going to do for dinner.
I knew she was great off leash and with other dogs so I thought she would have fun going to the park. Plus with Brian’s age he didn’t get the change to take her on longer runs, just short walks around the neighbourhood.
We stopped at a Starbucks to get coffee for the walk. Well, I got a coffee and Matt got a white chocolate mocha.
“I don’t know how you drink that, it’s so sweet!” I said as a wrinkled my nose after trying a sip of his.
He just laughed, “Yeah, they’re sweet but I usually only get one twice or three times a year, just to have something different.”
When we parked at the dog park there were quite a few other vehicles there so it must be a fairly popular spot. Bella immediately started getting antsy when we stopped, but she didn’t do it at Starbucks – it’s like she knew she was coming out with us this time.
She was wiggling and whining and wagging her tail and it made me laugh at how excited she was.
“Hang on baby girl, I gotta put your leash on until we are out of the parking lot” I said to her as I clipped the leash to her bright pink collar.
We got out and started walking towards the entrance which had a fence along the side. The whole park wasn’t fenced because it was massive but the side that ran along the parking lot was fenced.
Once we got in I let her off and watch her take off like the wind towards a big group of dogs all playing together.
We kept walking and Matt held my hand with his free one. It was a little chilly out so it was nice to have the warmth.
“So what are your plans for Thanksgiving?” I asked casually, and then immediately regretted it, thinking of his family situation. I would imagine holidays are a hard time for him since everyone spends it with family.
“Probably just stay in town. I might catch up on some marking. My brother invited me to go to his new place but they’re not doing a big dinner until Sunday cuz they’re spending the rest of the weekend with his wife’s family.”
“Oh, I didn’t know your brother was married!” I said surprised, not like I should be because he hasn’t talked much more about his family other than when he explained everything.
He smiled, “Yeah, that’s why I haven’t seen much of him lately, they just got married in the summer so they’re still in the honeymoon phase.” He laughed, “Are you going back home for Thanksgiving?” He asked.
“Yep! Kate called and told me she’s going home too! She’s doing really great in rehab and they think it will be good, her parents will keep an eye and she’s not going out to any party’s or anything.” I explained.
“That’s great! I’m sure she will love a weekend at home and to see you.”
I contemplated inviting him home with me but I thought it was a little too soon to invite him for the whole weekend. Plus, I knew my brothers would grill him with questions and I didn’t want to put him on the spot in front of the whole family at Thanksgiving.
“Yeah, it will be nice. A little exhausting with my family but I love them anyways.” I said smiling.
I could see Bella playing and running around with a Golden Retriever as we walked closer to the group of dogs.
“If your back Sunday why don’t you come to my brothers with me? You and his wife Lauren would get along great!” He said.
“Well I will be back early afternoon on Sunday but I wouldn’t want to impose, you just said you don’t get to see him much…”
“It wouldn’t be imposing at all! Nathan is the type that loves entertaining big groups, the more the merrier type person. Plus there will be some of their friends over and they said they invited 2 of their new neighbours.”
Even though I had just squashed the idea in my head of inviting him home, I was really excited that he asked me and curious to meet his brother. (Plus a whole weekend with the entire family is way more intense than a dinner with just his brother and friends)
I smiled widely, “Okay, I’m convinced, that sounds awesome!”
"Great! I will let him know.” He bent over and kissed me on the cheek and I blushed.
We continued walking at a slow pace, letting Bella play with some more dogs before turning around and heading back to the truck.
My stomach grumbled just as we hopped in.
Matt laughed, “Someone’s hungry, I guess we better figure out dinner!”
I laughed too, “Sorry, my stomach feels the need to inform everyone when I am starving.”
“Hmm, well we could run to the store and get some stuff to make at my place or order in? Your choice.” Matt said.
“After the last couple weeks of running around like a chicken with it’s head cut off I could totally go for a big-totally-unhealthy-going-to-regret-it-later meal!” I answered.
He laughed again, “Alright let’s head back, start thinking of where we can order!”
I tried thinking of what I wanted but I couldn’t help but think of how excited I was for Thanksgiving weekend, seeing my family, friends, and now getting to meet Matt’s brother! I think it’s going to be interesting…

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting again!! We missed you :) Thanksgiving sounds like it'll be interesting

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved it! welcome back! I will be checking sunday for the bonus :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to read your posts again - love the story, although any story with a dog as adorable as Bella in it gets my approval, haha ;)

    www.http://diaryofabritishscot.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete