Monday 6 October 2014

A Re-Do

Hey guys! I'm so sorry this is late, I had it scheduled to go up Thursday and was away all weekend so I didn't realize it didn't post. Anyways, here it is! I will have the next one up by Thursday and can do a bonus post to make up for messing up last week. Thanks for reading everyone!

- S xo

By the time Matt had finished telling me everything we had finished out brunch and it hit me that we had been there almost 3 hours. As much as I didn’t want to leave, I could tell the waitress was itching for us to leave. As a waitress myself I knew I was being the type of customer I usually hated. The ones that just sit there long after they’re done eating and either keep you longer than you need to or prevent you from being able to get new tables and therefore more tips.

“Well I should get going” I finally said after I could see our waitress out of the corner of my eye clicking her fingernails and staring over at our table.

“Yeah, I think we’ve overstayed our welcome” Matt said with a chuckle.

After we paid up and left, Matt walked me to my car.

“Thank you again for letting me explain and for agreeing to go out with me again. I really want to make it up to you so let’s do it up. A real date.” He looked so excited as he spoke it was if he already had an entire night planned.

“It’s no biggie, I really like hanging out with you” I said shyly while trying to find my keys. When I finally found them at the bottom of my purse and started to look up, Matt gently grabbed my chin and lightly kissed me. It wasn’t a full on making out kiss but it was sweet and the minute his lips touched mine I felt a shiver run through my entire body.

“Sorry, I just couldn’t wait any longer to do that” he said while still holding my chin and staring into my eyes.

I felt weak with him holding me. I couldn’t believe I was that turned on with just the lightest kiss. If we weren’t in a parking lot I would have been tempted to move things further but I knew it wasn’t the right place.

“Don’t be sorry” I replied. I knew I was blushing like crazy because I could feel my cheeks on fire.

“So, how about Thursday for our re do?” Matt asked as he finally dropped his hands from my face.

“Sounds great, I have to double check my work schedule but that should work.”

“Awesome! I’m looking forward to having a less drama filled evening with you” He said with a smile. He looked relieved that he had come out with everything and I was glad he did.

He kissed me on the cheek, opened the door to my car and said goodbye.

When I got back to the apartment I was glad to see Aleah was home. It felt like we hadn’t spent much time lately and I seriously missed my BFF time. When I flopped down next to her about to tell of everything going on, I noticed she looked off. She had a look of worrisome across her face and as much as she tried to hide when she was upset, I could instantly tell something wasn’t right.

“What’s wrong?” I said instantly.

Aleah went on to tell me that she had a little run in with her kinda ex boyfriend, Luke and his fiancé Victoria. Luke dated Aleah last school year and refrained from telling her he was engaged to someone from his home town. She also had found out that he had drugged her one night when they were dating and went to the police about it. When they questioned him, he had told his fiancé that she was obsessed with him, and made up a lie about him trying to date rape her. Victoria had since border line threatened Aleah and I was really starting to get worried, especially since she was going to our university now.

“Aleah, I’m worried about you. Maybe you should talk to that detective you went to when you found out he drugged you? At least consider getting a protective order, it could never hurt, okay?” I said with concern.

We chatted for a bit more about her date with a new guy Chase, and the stuff going on with Matt and me. It had been a while since we caught up, and we decided a girls night was definitely in order, and I told her I had already mentioned it to Elena and she was on board. I thought about how nice it would be to catch up with the all the girls again since we all hadn’t hung out in a while. I drifted off to sleep that night with a smile on my face

The following week went by extremely fast and before I knew it, it was Thursday and I was getting ready for my date with Matt. I had been pretty busy all week with school and work so I was looking forward to having a night out.

When I got home from class I had a quick shower, and started aimlessly at my closet, trying to figure out what to wear. When Matt and I had been texting earlier in the week he told me to dress dressy casual. What the hell was dressy casual? Isn’t that kind of an oxymoron? I thought as I scanned my entire wardrobe. I decided on wearing a mid-thigh length flowy dress, paired with a white pair of wedges and a jean jacket. Matt had insisted that he pick me up since he wanted to go all out and make it a real date, so I decided to have a small glass of white wine while I got ready.

At about quarter after six Matt texted me letting me know he was outside. When I came down the stairs, I was pleasantly surprised to see that he was standing outside my apartment building. It was one of those small but sweet gestures. Most guys would wait in their car but he came out to greet me and it made me smile.

We went to a restaurant I hadn’t been to, but judging by the interior of the place and the menu, I knew I would like it.  

We ordered drinks and started chatting about our weeks before ordering. I got the grilled salmon with a garden salad, sautéed veggies and rice and Matt ordered a massive steak and crab dinner. Just as I had expected, the food was amazing. Not just good for a restaurant good, but like unbelievably good. Brownie points for the restaurant choice Matt. 

Our conversation flowed so easily throughout dinner, it was if that whole awkward night had never happened. He started talking more about what it was like growing up with his grandparents and how amazing they were. He lit up when he spoke about them and it was sweet to know how much he cared about them.

After we left the restaurant and got in the truck, Matt touched my hand and looked into my eyes. “You look amazing tonight. I’m so lucky to be out with you.” He said as he moved his hand up to my chin. He pulled my face in closer and pushed his lips onto mine. I was just as turned on as I was the first time he kissed me, only this time there was more passion and heat. 

It felt so good to be kissed like that; when you know the other person wants you and just can’t restrain themself any longer.

His hand moved from my chin and onto the back of my neck. He pulled me towards him even more and suddenly I was straddling him in the front seat. I could immediately feel how, umm, excited he was. He kept intensely making out for another 5 minutes before we decided it probably wasn’t a great idea to be getting it on in the parking lot of a nice restaurant. 

After a car ride full of sly glances with each other, we were back at my apartment. I wanted so badly to invite him in but I figured at least one of my roomies would be home and I also didn’t want to sleep with him on our “first” official date and gave him the wrong idea.

Before I could say anything, Matt looked at my and said “As much as I would love to pick things up where we started” he grinned “I really do care about you and I don’t want you to think I’m just interested in sex. So, I am going to walk you to your door and say goodnight” He got out of the truck and opened my door for me.

We got to my door and he lightly kissed me on the lips.

“Sarah, I had a great time with you. I’m hoping you’ll let me take you out again?” He asked and looked into my eyes gently.

“Absolutely! I had such a good time. How about I plan our next night? Since your still fairly new, I can plan a night to get you out and about in the city and show you some of my favorite places!” I said excitedly.

“Deal!” Matt said and looked just as excited.

He kissed me again, this one lasting a little longer and making it that much harder to not pull him into the apartment. We eventually broke apart and said goodnight again.

I was so happy with the way our re do date had turned out and was excited to plan our next one. I was also hoping Matt didn’t want to hold off too long on the physical stuff, cause’ those few kisses had me thinking nothing but dirty thoughts about him

3 comments:

  1. Sarah, thanks for the post. Can you format it a little? All of the paragraphs are clumped together making it hard to read. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for bringing that to my attention! I have edited it so it should be better now
      Thanks for reading!
      - S xo

      Delete