Monday 13 October 2014

Weird Feelings

***Bonus Post!** Was hoping to have this up earlier in the weekend but it's Thanksgiving weekend here (I'm Canadian :) ) So was busy with family things. Anyways, here is the bonus post, thank you all for reading!! 
- S xo

The next morning, Katelyn and I slept in until 11, which was unheard of for me, but it did feel refreshing to sleep that long. After each of us had showered and gotten ready, we drove into town to have brunch at a little café that had the best coffee concoctions – they definitely put Starbucks to shame. I ordered their House Specialty Drink which was half coffee, half chai tea latte and Katelyn ordered a cookies and crème mocha.

Once our drinks arrived we started perusing the menu with minimal talking like a pair of ravenous animals. I decided on a fruit bowl with eggs benedict and Katelyn ordered the vegetarian omelette. We started talking about what we were going to do that night.

“I think were gonna go to this dive bar for pre drinks and then once we’re all together we can decide where to move on from there” I said as I started stuffing my face full of food.

“Sounds awesome! I can’t wait to meet your new little sex toy!” Katelyn said, a little too loudly.

I shot her a look and she smiled apologetically. Sometimes she speaks (or yells) without thinking, but she has a good heart and I know she only has good intentions.

 “Please do not make a big deal out of anything, I told you we’ve only gone out a few times”

“I know I’m just kidding I’d never embarrass you! On purpose at least” She replied.

I laughed “Okay so I told everyone to meet up at Monty’s at 8, they have $3.00 drinks until 10 so it’ll be a good place to pre game.” I told her as I finished up the rest of my ahhh-mazing brunch.

“Sweet! What do you wanna do today until we have to get ready and stuff? We should get pedicures and treat ourselves to an overpriced lunch at some fancy wine bar!” She almost bounced in her seat as she tossed the idea to me.
“Love that idea! And there’s a new spa that opened over summer that Elena said is awesome!” I said as I starting pulling out my phone to google spa’s in the area. I knew once I saw the name I would recognize it.

I found it right away, probably since it had recently opened, and called them to see if they had any openings.

“Good morning! Thank you for calling Edge Beauty Salon, my name is Cassandra how may I help you?” The cheery voice said at the other end.
“Oh, hi, I was wondering if you happen to have any openings today? A friend and I were hoping to come in for a pedicure.” I asked.

“Oh honey, calling on the day of, I doubt I have any openings but let me see if we’ve had any cancellations.” I heard some clicking on a keyboard “Oh! Looks like I have 2 of my girls open at 2 pm -  that work for ya?”
I gave her our info and told her we would see them shortly.

Brunch was awesome and we spent most of it gossiping more about people from our home town and she was letting me know the latest on all of her sister's drama. Her sister was 18 and the queen of drama; personally, I think kids have totally changed since I was in high school, and they had some sort of sense of entitlement - like the world owes them everything  Anyways, Katelyn had been acting her normal self all throughout brunch so I figured I would just drop the Josh thing unless it came up.

When we got to the spa and I told the receptionist our name, she had us fill out a brief patient form and said she would call us when our “nail artists” were ready.

As we were filling it out I noticed a tall woman with long, jet black hair walk in and start speaking quietly with the receptionist. She started getting louder and was beginning to yell “Are you fucking kidding me?! I’’ve had this appointment for over 2 months! What the fuck do you mean it got cancelled?”

The receptionist looked visibly upset, “I’m sorry ma’am, we tried calling you 3 times to confirm the appointment and we did not hear back. Our policy is to cancel any appointments that do not confirm within 24 hours before their appointment” She said, trying to be calm.

Sounded like kind of a weird policy for a spa, I thought but nonetheless, the woman didn’t need to be ripping this poor girl apart.

“Well I’m here now! They better be able to take me I cleared me entire afternoon for this!” She said as she slammed our fist on the counter.
As I got a better look at her, I figured she was probably around 26 and aside from her atrocious manners, she was stunning.

“I’m sorry, but we gave away your spot as we treated it like a cancellation.” The receptionist said as she slightly nodded toward us.
Great, let her unleash on us now.

Katelyn wasn’t even paying attention and was still filling out the form when the woman stormed over to us.

“Listen, apparently one of you skanks took my appointment?” She said with the nastiest look on her face and looking down on us as if we were homeless people trying to dine in a 5 star restaurant.

“First of all, I don’t know why you think it’s okay to talk to people like complete shit, but it’s not. Second of all, I just called and asked if they could take us, they said they could, so we came.” I quipped at her.

Katelyn was staring at me, suddenly clueing in to what was going on.

“Well, like I said. It was MY appointment. So one of you can leave.”

I was not one to get involved in conflicts, but this woman was really pissing me off. I hate people that think they are better than everyone else, or those that think they can talk down to everyone. 

Before I could say anything, Katelyn jumped in, “Actually, were not. We got the appointments, and were taking them, so why don’t you leave gracefully and treat yourself to another tacky spray tan? ”

I laughed under my breath; Katelyn was always the friend you wanted on your side.

The woman huffed, realizing we weren’t budging, and stormed out of the spa.

We looked at each other at started bursting out laughing, just as we got called in to our appointments.

We went back to the apartment after our spa day and fancy lunch and took a little power nap. I was not used to going out late and doing the whole bar hopping thing so I figured it would be a good idea to sleep for a bit before getting ready.

I woke up around 5 and said Katelyn lying in Aleah’s bed and scrolling through her phone, with a weary look on her face.

“Everything okay?” I asked.

She jumped a little, not knowing I was awake. “Oh ya! Just creating my dream home on Pinterest!” She said, getting out of bed.

She wanted to jump in the shower again so I started going through my closet and picking out an outfit when I heard my phone buzz.
When I looked on the table I saw it was Kate’s phone lit up and not mine. It was an imessage from Josh:

Seriously Kate? You just run off for the weekend? I was serious when I said I’m here for you, even if things aren’t the same. You need help, please call me”

As soon as I read it, the bedroom door opened and Katelyn came back in. I acted as if I hadn’t seen the message and grabbed my phone off the table. I watched her as she looked at her phone and threw it on the bed as she rolled her eyes.

She looked over at me “I am getting white girl wasted tonight!! Seriously, let’s go all out!” She said with a huge smile on her face.


I forced a smiled but on the inside I lost my excitement for the night, and all of a sudden had a feeling like it was not going to be the great night out I had in mind.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like some drunk drama to come. Thanks for the bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. uh oh I hope it's nothing serious with Katelyn, does this mean that they broke up though?
    really getting into this story love love love it!


    - jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kinda hoping she drinks and spills! Sounds more serious than just a breakup.

    ReplyDelete