Thursday 27 November 2014

The Perfect Night


*Author's note: Hey lovely readers!!! This is a longer one and I even had to cut it down. SO I think I will try and get you a bonus post either tomorrow or Saturday, more likely tomorrow so be sure to check back, and thank you all for reading!*
 
Once I got back after seeing Katelyn, I spent the entire afternoon catching up on the work I missed. Even though it was only 2 days of lectures that I missed, it made a big difference especially with mid-terms coming up.  

I needed a break from staring at my textbook so I grabbed my phone and aimlessly scrolled through Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook. When I got to Facebook, I saw that I had a friend request from a Kim O’Donnell. I didn’t even need to read her last name to know which Kim it already was. What was she playing at? I was seriously confused. I didn’t know if she was trying to snoop around and creep on me or if it was part of her whole “looking like she’s being nice while really being a sneaky bitch” act.

I didn’t need her snooping around my personal life, so I didn’t do anything with the friend request. That way I can just say I haven’t been on Facebook if I have the unfortunate luck of seeing her again and she brings it up.

I texted Matt to make sure we were still on for dinner and possible costume shopping and he replied right away.

M: You bet! Does this mean I get to see you model some of those sexy costumes?

I smiled and felt my cheeks warm at his response.

I replied, You’ll just have to wait and see ;)

Right after, I sent a text to Chloe asking if she wanted to do dinner Friday. I hadn’t seen her since the night that we all went out to the bar and I needed some Chloe time.

C: Friday sounds great! We can do wine and cheese night at my place?

S: Perfect! We will figure out a time later, see you then! :)

Before I knew it, it was already 6 pm and Matt texted to say he was pulling up.

I made my way downstairs and outside where I saw him standing outside of his truck, holding a bouquet of white lilies, which happen to be my favourite (even though my mom told me they’re apparently “funeral flowers”).

“Oh my gosh these are beautiful!” I gushed, “What’s the occasion?” I asked while smelling the flowers.

“No occasion, I just figured you had a rough couple of days and wanted to pamper you a little” He said as he smiled and pulled me in for a kiss.

He smelled so good, a mixture between a fresh shower and his cologne and I held onto our kiss as long as I could.

“Thank you” I said smiling at him. “That was really sweet to do.”

We spent most of our drive to the mall talking ab out the last few days, me filling Matt in on everything that happened and him listening patiently.

“You guys did the right thing and it’s great that she agreed to go to treatment, I’m sorry you had to see your best friend go through that” He said as he reached over and squeezed my hand.

I just smiled back and wanted to change the subject before I got emotional over everything. We parked and started walking towards the mall entrance.

“So, what did you get up to the last couple of days?” I asked as we parked.

“Oh not too much just caught up on some marking for one of Stark’s other classes and finished up an essay of my own.”

“I don’t envy you, doing your graduate and working as a T.A must get exhausting!” I replied.

He chuckled, “Yeah, it can get to be a bit much but the T.A thing isn’t full time I’m only working with one prof and she’s pretty good about keeping the workload fair”

We only spent about an hour at the mall, looking at different costumes and trying to think of ideas that we could do for either a couples or a foursome theme.

One possible option was going as a nurse and doctor. The minute I tried on the nurse’s costume, Matt’s eyes bulged out. “Good God, if you wear that I’m gunna have to keep you by my side the entire night so another guy doesn’t try and pick you up!” He said as he looked me up and down.

“I wouldn’t do that to you, doctor” I said playfully.

He raised an eyebrow and smirked. That look alone made me want to jump his bones right away. He was able to pull off that cheeky bad boy grin without being a douche bag,  

We left the mall with some ideas that I would run by Aleah to see if she had any thoughts.

As we were driving through the main area that had most of the restaurants my friends and I go to, it occurred to me that I had forgotten to ask what he wanted to do for food. “What do you want to do for dinner? I think The Cat and Fiddle has wing night tonight?” I suggested.

“Actually, I had something else in mind.” He said with a slight smile as he kept his eyes on the road.

“Hmm, and what would that be” I asked.

“You’ll just have to see!” He quipped back.

“Well, as long as there’s food involved. You haven’t seen my hangry side, it’s not pretty” I said with a laugh.

About 10 minutes later we pulled up to his house. I didn’t even realize it until we were there because the other time I had been it was dark outside and I wasn’t the one driving, and I usually only remember directions if I myself have driven there, multiple times. My friends call it being “directionally challenged.”

I was assuming he just wanted to order in at his place, which I was totally okay with but when we walked in, the whole house had an amazing aroma, as if he had been cooking there all day.

“Okay, are you going to tell me now?” I said as he shut the front door behind me.

“I thought I would cook for us tonight instead of going out, I get sick of restaurants pretty fast” He explained, “I did the sides already so basically just have to pop it in the oven and fire up the BBQ. You okay with steak? If not, I also have chicken, salmon, or shrimp I could cook?”

 “I LOVE steak! Thank you for this, this is really sweet” I said sincerely as I wrapped my hands around his neck and kissed him.

He started walking me back until my back was against the fridge, and his hand was sliding up the back of my shirt. He kissed my neck and it instantly sent chills through my whole body. He finally pulled away and smiled, “I better get that BBQ started or we’ll never eat.”

I bit my lip and grinned at him, “You sure know what you’re doing.” I said, meaning it in more than one way.

I heard him laugh from behind the fridge where he was pulling out the steak and a veggie and dip platter he had put together for us to snack on before dinner.

After Matt threw the steaks on the BBQ and some sort of side dish he wouldn’t tell me about in the oven, he poured us each a glass of red wine and we settled on to the kitchen chairs.

Once the room started filling with the smell of what was in the oven I couldn’t help but take a peak while he was outside checking the steak. I still couldn’t really tell because it was covered with a lid but it smelled amazing and definitely not calorie friendly, but I didn’t care I was starving and wanted to devour whatever it was.  

Everything had finished at the same time – he had cooked us both a beautiful steak, grilled corn on the cob, a big mixed salad and the mystery side, which he told me was “potatoes au gratin” – a dish of creamy, cheesy, delicious potatoes.

“This is so good! Seriously, how can you cook like this?! Please feed me all the time” I said after taking a few bites.

He laughed as he put down his fork, “Well, I worked at a Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse for a couple of years before college so I learned a lot of their recipes and mastered the art of cooking the perfect steak” He said as he winked.

That explained it.

“Mastered is right!” I said back.

After dinner, I tried to help clean up the dishes but Matt refused and shooed me away. He told me to try and find something for us on Netflix to watch.

I walked into the basement and started scrolling through the Netflix options. Just as I settled on the movie Gone Baby, Gone, Matt came walking down the stairs with our wine glasses which he had topped up.

“An amazing home cooked dinner, wine, and planting our asses on the couch to watch a movie? This is honestly my ideal night” I said to him as he sat next to me and wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

“Me too” He said as he smiled and kissed me quickly, “I figured you might want a relaxing night in.”

“Thank you, for everything tonight you are so sweet” I replied.

We started to pick up where we had left off before dinner and were like a couple of teenagers making out fiercely on the couch. Within a few minutes, both of our shirts were off and I could feel how hard he was against my leg.

He stopped and as he was leaning over me he asked, “Do you want to go up to my room?”

I just nodded as I rushed to grab my shirt off the floor.

“Are you sure? I don’t want to rush you or anything or have you think I planned tonight just to ge-“

I cut him off by putting my hand over his mouth, “Matt, I want to. You’ve been nothing but a gentleman so I would never think you’re rushing me” I said before taking my hand off and kissing him on the lips.

5 comments:

  1. Thumbs up. Happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww I loved this post!! Sarah and Matt kinda remind me of Brody and Liv from New Beginnings New Adventures! Can't wait to see what's next I really hope your able to do a bonus!! 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) That's such a compliment, that's one of my favourite blogs!
      I will try to get the bonus up today!

      - S xo

      Delete
  3. That sounds like my idea of a good night too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. loved this can't wait for the bonus!!! really enjoying your writing so far

    ReplyDelete