Thursday 13 November 2014

Good times and bad

**Thank you everyone for your comments! Mexico was amazing but I really wish I had remembered my laptop, I wanted to get more writing done :( Work was crazy after being away for 10 days so I'm sorry this is late, but better late then never! Have a great weekend readers! :)

-S xo**

After spending the night at Matt’s house, he dropped me off at my car and kissed me goodbye. I had this sense of comfort and familiarity with him that I couldn’t explain. I knew I wouldn’t be able to see him much throughout the week since I was going to be very busy with school and had quite a few shifts at the restaurant so I was really glad our impromptu night of drinks went well.

As I expected, the week flew by and before I knew it, we were at the football game, bopping around between the various tailgaters.

“Thanks again for bringing me!” I beamed to Aleah. I loved the atmosphere of these games. Everyone was always so cheerful and I loved seeing people dress up in their jerseys, home-made t-shirts and face paint.

 “No problem!” She said as she linked her arm through mine and kept walking.
Matt joined us for a bit during the game and we spent the rest of the day talking, laughing, and drinking cheap beer. It was the perfect day, followed by a perfect night with my best girlfriends.

Our girl’s night was exactly how we did all of our other girl’s nights in the past. We tried doing them about once a month, even when Elena was still living with us because with all of our busy schedules we don’t get a lot of time to hang out as a group.

We had a tradition of trying something new off of Pinterest for every girls night, and we took turns on who got to pick and make the new thing. This time it was Elena and she had found a recipe for a vodka-soaked fruit platter.

Yep. That’s a real thing. And it was amazing.

“My god woman, you are a genius!” I said to Elena as I was eating my fourth piece of vodka soaked watermelon.  After the cheap beer at the game, mixed with the yummy treat of the evening, it was safe to say I was on my way to drunk-town if I didn’t get some food in me.
I suggested we order Thai and everyone agreed. Once we settled in with our plates and girly drinks (complete with tiny umbrellas that Elena found at the dollar store), we put on a Friends DVD and caught each other up on everything going on.

It was a great night but pretty soon we were all feeling pretty tired. Elena had decided to host the night since she had a house now and we would have felt pretty awkward having a girls night with all of us at our place with Nellie there. She had set up the cutest area in her basement full of pillows and oversized comforters. We were 4 girls in our pajamas, lying in a giant fort of blankets – we were having a full blown slumber party and I felt like I was 12 years old again…I loved it.
The next day we were all doing typical Sunday things – laundry, homework, grocery shopping etc – when I texted Matt to see if he wanted to grab an early dinner that night.
M: Would love to! Told Kim we could get together tonight, is it cool if she comes?

Ugh, I had briefly forgotten about her and I couldn’t think of anything more miserable than having to have sit through dinner with her. But, I had texted him so I couldn’t necessarily say I had other plans, so I tried a different way of avoiding it.

S: You guys haven’t seen each other in a while, if you had plans I don’t want to butt in, you two should catch up we can hang out another night! :)

My phone buzzed.

M: Just texted her, she said she would love it if all 3 of us could have dinner, she wants to get to know you! It’ll be fun and I would love to see you, I can pick you up around 7?

What the hell was she playing at? I could tell by the way she looked at me that she certainly did not have any interest in getting to know me. I felt like I had no other choice since Matt knew I was free.

I can suck it up for one dinner, I thought. 

S: Sure, sounds good see you then!

While I was getting ready I had texted Katelyn I had to go to dinner with the crazy chick from the salon.

She called me right when I sent it.

“What the hellllll? Why did you agree to go to dinner with that chick?” She shrieked into the phone, half-laughing.


“I asked him to hang out first so he knew I wasn’t busy so I couldn’t really say no when he suggested all 3 of us go to dinner!” I said, irritated.

“Well, shit that sucks! Don’t let that bitch mess with your head, she seems manipulative as fuck.” Kate said.

I knew then she was likely half cut because she always swore a lot when she was drinking.

“Yeah, I’m gunna try to keep it short, I definitely don’t get a good vibe off her, and she was so rude to that receptionist! But, I dunno maybe she was having a bad day, I should try to be nice for Matt’s sake.  Anyways, how are you? You still up for me coming up next weekend?”

We had texted about me coming to visit her, I wanted to see how bad her situation is right now and I needed to talk to her about everything but it had to be face to face.

“Duh! I’m so excited! I got us tickets to this thing on Saturday!” She said, excitedly.

“Okay cool I’ll probably get there around 9 on Friday night. What kind thing, like a concert?” I asked.

“Well, there’s music” she laughed, “but more like a big party, its kinda like a rave, but it’ll be fun! And it’s a tight and bright theme so bring something bright to wear!”

“That’s really not my kinda scene Kate, you know I’m not a big partier and I’ve heard those rave things go all night and all morning.” I said. 

First of all, that was true, a rave was the last thing on my list of fun things to do. Second, I knew that I would just be on edge and feeling like a babysitter going to something like that with Katelyn.

“Oh come onnnnnn grandma!” She whined. “It’ll be fun and I already bought the tickets. If you don’t like it once we’re there we can leave. Promise” She said.

I sighed, at least she gave me that so if she got out of hand I’ll remind her she promised we could leave.

“Okay, deal. But you stick to your word! Anyways I should go, Matt will be here any minute”
“Kay, have fun, or try, and I’ll text you this week so we can figure everything out for the weekend” She said.

We said goodbye just as I heard the buzzer to the apartment.

I went down and Matt was standing at the door, Kim was sitting in the truck.

“Hey! You look great!” He said as he wrapped me in a hug and then kissed me intensely. Part of me was glad that we had this hot kiss right in front of Kim after the way she acted all territorial over Matt. He smelled of good cologne and a fresh shower and I immediately felt my mood lighten when he hugged me.

We went to a Greek restaurant, about 15 minutes away from my apartment, which I had never been to.

It was fairly small on the inside, but had very nice and authentic décor.

“This place is so nice, I haven’t even heard of it!” I said to Matt.

Just then, Kim linked her arm through mine and said, “Oh, Sarah, what kind of tour guide for Matty are you if you don’t even know the best Greek restaurant in town?” She said in a patronizing tone as she giggled.

What the fuck?!  I thought to myself. She was trying to act like my new bestie while simultaneously throwing a jab. 

The next 2 hours passed painfully slow. 

Kim made sure she spent the majority of the evening bringing up passed stories which I obviously couldn’t have any input on because they all involved people and memories that I didn’t know. She was deliberately travelling down memory lane with Matt to make me feel left out, and I know I wasn’t just being paranoid. 

Every so often she would look up at me in the eyes as she was telling a story and she had a look that told me she was trying t push me, and also let me know her place. 

Anytime she did try and include me in the conversation, it would be in a way that would allow her to throw a subtle shot my way. 

Comments like, “Aw you waitress? That’s so cute, I wish my job was that easy!” and then laugh a little so she came off as breezy.

She was like a dog peeing on a fire hydrant.

By the time dinner was over, I wanted nothing more than to go home, shower and go to bed.
Matt must’ve noticed that I was being overly quiet, and as we were getting up to leave the restaurant he put his hand on the small of my back and quietly asked, “You ok? You don’t seem yourself tonight”

I turned and forced a smile, “I’m all good! Just overly tired from last night probably” I said, and tried my best to not make my cheeks flush, which they always did when I lied.

Even though Kim’s hotel was way closer to Matt’s place than my apartment, he dropped her off first, which I thought was sweet because it meant he wanted to spend at least a little time just the two of us.

We had a goodnight kiss and I went upstairs to the apartment.

I was lying in bed, and was having a hard time falling asleep. I was anxious about the following weekend and had spent the night being subtly put down by some psycho chick with an agenda I couldn’t figure out.

Just as I was about to fall asleep, my phone vibrated on the night stand.
It was Josh.

J: Call me as soon as you can, Kate’s in the hospital.



10 comments:

  1. That Kim is bad news. Ugh. It concerns me that Matt is completely oblivious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think him being oblivious is a good sign. It means that he isn't interested in her at all. Most guys don't notice any of that sort of stuff unless they're really looking for it.
      Matt seems like a very typical guy, and one that is totally smitten with Sarah.

      Also, I hope that Kate is alright! Maybe it's a minor overdose and will act as a wake-up call, never a bad thing!

      Delete
    2. Kim is bad news for sure! Bonus post is up, check to see what's going on with Kate!

      Delete
  2. Glad you're back!! Kate is beyond annoying but Matt was very sweet I really like him for Sarah. Can't wait for the next post to see what's going on with kate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) Matt is sweet! Him and Sarah are a great match

      Bonus post up now!

      Delete
  3. I hope Kate is ok and if it was an overdose hopefully this leads to the first step of getting the help she needs. I am a little worried that Matt was so oblivious as well.

    http://jocelynseverydayjourneys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad your back!! Really looking forward to the next post! I find this storyline so realistic I have gotten so addicted. Love it!!
    Laura :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet, thank you! :) I just put a post up updating the Katelyn situation!

      Delete
  5. Ahh I hope Kate is okay!!
    I know anonymous up there said she is annoying but I know when people are involved in drugs or alcohol they are not themselves, hopefully she gets some help
    Hoping for a bonus post???

    ReplyDelete